To play with Messi is a dream come true: Neymar
Brasilia: Brazil striker Neymar bid farewell to Santos in the club`s 0-0 draw against Flamengo here.
After the match Sunday, the man who will carry the hopes of a football obsessed nation at the 2014 World Cup on home soil spoke to reporters about his 50 million euro move to Barcelona in July.
"It gives me great satisfaction to have played for Santos. The fans have offered me great support and I can only give them thanks," said Neymar.
On being asked how he felt about playing for Barcelona, Neymar said: "To think I will be playing alongside Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Alves is a big honour. Dani Alves is the guy that has annoyed me most about making the move (laughing). It`s a great feeling. To play with Messi is a dream come true. Not just him but all of the Barcelona players. Dani Alves, too, is one of my best friends."
So what made him choose Barcelona ahead of other clubs like Real Madrid?
"Every kid has a dream. Some want to be a dentist, others want to be reporters and so on. My dream has always been to play football at the highest level. Today Barcelona is a team that everybody looks up to. It`s a beautiful and marvellous club," said the Brazilian forward.
"I hope I will be welcome back (to Santos) some day. Brazil is my home and I will always want to return. I just want to thank the fans for all the support they have given me," he signed off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH