Tomba, Nandy join Churchill Brothers
Panaji: Churchill Brothers are looking forward to rebuilding their team by roping in Salgaocar`s midfielder Tomba Singh and East Bengal`s keeper Sandip Nandy.
The signing of two experienced players along with couple of youngsters Gurtej Singh and Bilkramjit Singh from Pailan Arrows will balance the team after some of their stars opted out to play for other clubs, a senior official of the club said.
Tomba is a straight forward replacement for Zakeer Mundampara, who has signed for Prayag United, while Nandy will step into the boots of Arindam Bhattacharya, who will don colors for Mohun Bagan for the coming season.
The club also got a big boost as they have roped in Kolkata based Company NVD Solar Ltd as their title sponsors for three years, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak