Toni Kroos, James Rodriguez make Real Madrid debuts
New signings Toni Kroos and James Rodriguez were both named in Real Madrid`s starting line-up for Tuesday`s UEFA Super Cup against domestic rivals Sevilla in Cardiff.
Rodriguez, 23, joined the European champions from Monaco for around 80 million euros ($108 million) last month after dazzling for quarter-finalists Colombia at the World Cup.
He was selected alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and local hero Gareth Bale by coach Carlo Ancelotti in an attack that cost roughly 310 million euros to assemble.
Kroos, who arrived from Bayern Munich after winning the World Cup with Germany, was named in central midfield alongside Luka Modric.
Sevilla left-back Alberto Moreno, who has been strongly linked with a move to Liverpool, was omitted from the Europa League winners` match-day squad by coach Unai Emery.
Iago Aspas, a close-season arrival on loan from Liverpool, was named on the bench.
Real Madrid (4-2-3-1): Iker Casillas (capt); Daniel Carvajal, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Fabio Coentrao; Toni Kroos, Luka Modric; Gareth Bale, James Rodriguez, Cristiano Ronaldo; Karim Benzema
Coach: Carlo Ancelotti (ITA)
Sevilla (4-2-3-1): Beto; Coke, Nicolas Pareja, Federico Fazio (capt), Fernando Navarro; Grzegorz Krychowiak, Daniel Carrico; Aleix Vidal, Denis Suarez, Vitolo; Carlos Bacca
Coach: Unai Emery (ESP)
Referee: Mark Clattenburg (ENG)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!