Tonsil surgery to help Neymar add muscle
Rio de Janeiro: An operation to remove Neymar`s tonsils could help the striker add muscle to his wiry frame, according to the doctor responsible for the operation.
Brazil team medic Jose Luis Runco will perform the surgery here on Friday before Neymar departs for his new club Barcelona later this month. Runco said Brazil and Barcelona had both agreed the operation was in the best interests of the 21-year-old, who is suffering a chronic throat condition.
"If there is a constant infection, it could produce some alterations, including with regards to growth. The operation consists of removing these glands to reduce the risk of further infections. It`s a preventative measure to have a better quality of health and to gain more muscle," Runco said Tuesday.
Barcelona have confirmed that Spain left-back Jordi Alba will undergo the same procedure in Spain, also on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman