Tonsil surgery to help Neymar add muscle
Rio de Janeiro: An operation to remove Neymar`s tonsils could help the striker add muscle to his wiry frame, according to the doctor responsible for the operation.
Brazil team medic Jose Luis Runco will perform the surgery here on Friday before Neymar departs for his new club Barcelona later this month. Runco said Brazil and Barcelona had both agreed the operation was in the best interests of the 21-year-old, who is suffering a chronic throat condition.
"If there is a constant infection, it could produce some alterations, including with regards to growth. The operation consists of removing these glands to reduce the risk of further infections. It`s a preventative measure to have a better quality of health and to gain more muscle," Runco said Tuesday.
Barcelona have confirmed that Spain left-back Jordi Alba will undergo the same procedure in Spain, also on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dear ladies, Women's Online Shopping Festival is here to pamper you
- Twitter explodes with reactions over Kanhaiya Kumar touching Lalu's feet - Viral picture inside
- Gold price at 15-month high, rises further to Rs 30,330 per 10 grams
- Know who is vulnerable to online dating scams
- VIDEO: Maiden over & 5 wickets! Watch Mohammad Amir's sensational last over vs Australia!