Tonsil surgery to help Neymar add muscle
Rio de Janeiro: An operation to remove Neymar`s tonsils could help the striker add muscle to his wiry frame, according to the doctor responsible for the operation.
Brazil team medic Jose Luis Runco will perform the surgery here on Friday before Neymar departs for his new club Barcelona later this month. Runco said Brazil and Barcelona had both agreed the operation was in the best interests of the 21-year-old, who is suffering a chronic throat condition.
"If there is a constant infection, it could produce some alterations, including with regards to growth. The operation consists of removing these glands to reduce the risk of further infections. It`s a preventative measure to have a better quality of health and to gain more muscle," Runco said Tuesday.
Barcelona have confirmed that Spain left-back Jordi Alba will undergo the same procedure in Spain, also on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India gets top rating for prudent financial market norms
- RBI to remain open to facilitate transactions on July 1
- Rain plays havoc in Mumbai; heavy showers predicted for another week
- Anil Kumble dismisses having conflict of interest in becoming coach
- Air India to fly unconfirmed first AC passengers of Rajdhani