Top Spanish clubs to open soccer schools in India: Ambassador
Mumbai: Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid plan to open football schools in India, Spanish Ambassador Gustavo De Aristegui has said.
He also said that tennis ace and world number two Rafael Nadal will play an exhibition match in India.
Barcelona had recently announced its plans to set up its football school FCBEscola at Gurgaon, in collaboration with Conscient Football, while English Premier League major Manchester United has already set up a school at Cooperage in Mumbai.
The Ambassador, who met the Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan yesterday, said the two clubs would also play a couple of matches in India, according to a release.
The release, however, did not provide the details on when the clubs or the player would play in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video