Torres happy after ending goal drought
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Fernando Torres, who broke his goal drought with a double strike against Leicester City on Sunday, has praised new manager Roberto Di Matteo for believing in him.
Taking a dig at Andre Villas-Boas, the Spanish striker said he now feels that the manager has confidence in him and is feeling much better after scoring his first goal since October.
"The job of the strikers is scoring goals and if you don`t do that people think you are playing bad. The main thing for me has been the support of the people,” he was quoted as saying by The Sun.
"They are always with me and now I feel the confidence of the manager as well. It`s a good time for me and a good time for Chelsea,” he said.
Di Matteo returned the favour by crediting Torres for his effort that helped Chelsea crush Leicester City 5-2.
"I don`t want to take the credit. Fernando`s effort and work-rate are what have done it. Not only is he a very good player, but a very good guy,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued