Torres happy after ending goal drought
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Fernando Torres, who broke his goal drought with a double strike against Leicester City on Sunday, has praised new manager Roberto Di Matteo for believing in him.
Taking a dig at Andre Villas-Boas, the Spanish striker said he now feels that the manager has confidence in him and is feeling much better after scoring his first goal since October.
"The job of the strikers is scoring goals and if you don`t do that people think you are playing bad. The main thing for me has been the support of the people,” he was quoted as saying by The Sun.
"They are always with me and now I feel the confidence of the manager as well. It`s a good time for me and a good time for Chelsea,” he said.
Di Matteo returned the favour by crediting Torres for his effort that helped Chelsea crush Leicester City 5-2.
"I don`t want to take the credit. Fernando`s effort and work-rate are what have done it. Not only is he a very good player, but a very good guy,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state