Torres happy after ending goal drought
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Fernando Torres, who broke his goal drought with a double strike against Leicester City on Sunday, has praised new manager Roberto Di Matteo for believing in him.
Taking a dig at Andre Villas-Boas, the Spanish striker said he now feels that the manager has confidence in him and is feeling much better after scoring his first goal since October.
"The job of the strikers is scoring goals and if you don`t do that people think you are playing bad. The main thing for me has been the support of the people,” he was quoted as saying by The Sun.
"They are always with me and now I feel the confidence of the manager as well. It`s a good time for me and a good time for Chelsea,” he said.
Di Matteo returned the favour by crediting Torres for his effort that helped Chelsea crush Leicester City 5-2.
"I don`t want to take the credit. Fernando`s effort and work-rate are what have done it. Not only is he a very good player, but a very good guy,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed