Torres seeking `Chelsea future` talks with Mourinho amid `shock` Barca bid reports
London: Chelsea striker Fernando Torres is reportedly seeking to have talks with new manager Jose Mourinho about his future in Stamford Bridge.
Aware of shock reports in Spain about a 17 million-pound bid for him by Barcelona, with Napoli also keen on the 29-year-old, Torres wants to find out in the next week exactly where he stands under new Blues boss Mourinho.
According to sources close to the player, Torres, who is with Spain preparing for the Confederations Cup, which kicks off this weekend in Brazil, has a contract with Chelsea and will stay on at the club.
However, Mourinho could leave Torres sweating on a meeting with a hard-line approach, just as he has with club captain John Terry , adding that his stance has not changed since he gave a lukewarm response about the Spaniard at a press conference.
Stating that he will wait until the end of the Confederations Cup to speak with Mourinho, Torres, who still has three years left on his current deal, said that he thinks that Mourinho deserves that respect from him, adding that the respect will start when both speak face to face with each other and decide on the future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?