Torres understands Suarez desire to quit Liverpool over criticism from English media
London: The Reds star has explained his unhappiness at being the subject of excessive attention from reporters and the often-criticised Chelsea striker offers his sympathy.
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres says that he understands Luis Suarez`s desire to leave Liverpool rather than continue to deal with the English media.
The Reds talisman outlined in May his preference to seek an exit rather than be the focus of reporters after a controversy-stained period in the Premier League, while team-mate Pepe Reina also admits that he sees why the forward might want to leave.
The Spaniard, who has had to deal with frequent criticism during his poor spells of form at Stamford Bridge, believes that the Uruguayan is able to cope with the attention should he choose to do so but would not begrudge him a departure in order to avoid it.
"I never had a problem with the media, the media had a problem with me," Torres told reporters.
"That affects your family, your friends, it`s not easy.
"I know Luis, he is strong enough to play football despite all the rumours and all the talk but it`s not easy. Sometimes he might think it`s just better to forget about that and move away but it`s his decision."
Suarez has often been in the headlines for the wrong reasons over his time in the Premier League and is currently serving a 10-match ban for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic during a game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered