Torres understands Suarez desire to quit Liverpool over criticism from English media
London: The Reds star has explained his unhappiness at being the subject of excessive attention from reporters and the often-criticised Chelsea striker offers his sympathy.
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres says that he understands Luis Suarez`s desire to leave Liverpool rather than continue to deal with the English media.
The Reds talisman outlined in May his preference to seek an exit rather than be the focus of reporters after a controversy-stained period in the Premier League, while team-mate Pepe Reina also admits that he sees why the forward might want to leave.
The Spaniard, who has had to deal with frequent criticism during his poor spells of form at Stamford Bridge, believes that the Uruguayan is able to cope with the attention should he choose to do so but would not begrudge him a departure in order to avoid it.
"I never had a problem with the media, the media had a problem with me," Torres told reporters.
"That affects your family, your friends, it`s not easy.
"I know Luis, he is strong enough to play football despite all the rumours and all the talk but it`s not easy. Sometimes he might think it`s just better to forget about that and move away but it`s his decision."
Suarez has often been in the headlines for the wrong reasons over his time in the Premier League and is currently serving a 10-match ban for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic during a game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights