Tottenham fans urge club to end partnership with `legalised touts` company
London: A group of Tottenham Hotspur supporters have reportedly urged the club to end their partnership with a ` legalised touts` company, which can see tickets being sold for more than 1,000 per cent of their face value.
StubHub is billed as the world`s largest ticket marketplace and became the north London club`s official secondary ticketing partner this summer.
According to the Mirror, the service allows season ticket holders who are unable to attend individual matches to sell their seat for any price they chose, providing the match is sold out.
Angered by this lack of regulations, a group of Spurs fans, from websites and fan groups, have joined forces and created a petition demanding the cancellation of the partnership , saying that the club`s deal with StubHub is not in the best interests of fans buying or selling tickets, and has serious implications for football supporters in general.
According to the petition, the absence of restrictions on pricing has led, in some cases, to ticketsbeing listed at up to 1,000 percent of face value, adding that the club`s deal with StubHub should be terminated at the earliest possible opportunity.
The petition further mentioned that the deal was agreed without consulting the supporters affected by it directly, adding that such actions undermine the efforts to build a constructive dialogue between the club and its fans.
The petition reached more than 600 signatories within hours of being launched, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read