Tottenham go level on points with Man United
London: Tottenham Hotspur continued their Premier League title push with a 2-0 win over Everton on Wednesday to put them level on points with second-placed champions Manchester United and three behind leaders Manchester City.
Goals in either half from Aaron Lennon and Benoit Assou-Ekotto lifted the north London club to 45 points from 20 games, eight clear of fourth-placed Chelsea who are a point ahead of Tottenham`s rivals Arsenal.
After dominating the first half Assou-Ekotto`s raking pass found pacey winger Lennon, whose touch was too good for Leighton Baines as he cut into the area. The England man then beat Tim Howard with a scuffed shot 10 minutes before the interval.
Tottenham`s control extended into the second half and just after the hour Cameroon international Assou-Ekotto was again in the thick of the action when he fired an unstoppable 30-metre shot into the top of the net.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani