Tottenham Hotspur make shock move for Manchester United`s Javier Hernandez
London: Tottenham Hotspur boss Andre Villas-Boas has reportedly made a shock move for Manchester United forward Javier Hernandez, although they will have to pay 15 million pounds for the Mexican star.
According to the Mirror, the big-spending club has approached the Premier League champions about Hernandez, who seems to be struggling to find a spot in United boss David Moyes` No.1 side.
With Gareth Bale set to move to Real Madrid and Spurs looking to sell Jermain Defoe before the transfer window closes, the report said that Villas-Boas finds himself needing a new finisher, adding that `Chicharito` Hernandez has an excellent record in that position despite his frequent spells out of United`s starting XI.
According to the report, Hernandez would be more-than-adequate replacement and would fit in with Tottenham`s style by easing the demands of a busy season at home and abroad.
United are not pushing out the Mexico international, who has never given them any trouble, but a sizeable bid may see his spell at Old Trafford end, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range