Tottenham Hotspur make shock move for Manchester United`s Javier Hernandez
London: Tottenham Hotspur boss Andre Villas-Boas has reportedly made a shock move for Manchester United forward Javier Hernandez, although they will have to pay 15 million pounds for the Mexican star.
According to the Mirror, the big-spending club has approached the Premier League champions about Hernandez, who seems to be struggling to find a spot in United boss David Moyes` No.1 side.
With Gareth Bale set to move to Real Madrid and Spurs looking to sell Jermain Defoe before the transfer window closes, the report said that Villas-Boas finds himself needing a new finisher, adding that `Chicharito` Hernandez has an excellent record in that position despite his frequent spells out of United`s starting XI.
According to the report, Hernandez would be more-than-adequate replacement and would fit in with Tottenham`s style by easing the demands of a busy season at home and abroad.
United are not pushing out the Mexico international, who has never given them any trouble, but a sizeable bid may see his spell at Old Trafford end, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best