Tottenham sign Ben Davies, Michel Vorm from Swansea
London: Tottenham made a double swoop on Premier League rivals Swansea on Wednesday when they signed left-back Ben Davies and Dutch international goalkeeper Michel Vorm.
Davies has signed a five-year contract and Vorm has agreed a four-year deal while Icelandic midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson moves to the Welsh club where he spent time on loan in 2012.
Highly-rated Davies, 21, earned his first professional contract with Swansea in 2011 and has gone on to earn 10 caps for Wales.
He played 91 times for the Swans, including starting their League Cup Final win against Bradford City in 2013.
Dutch goalkeeper Vorm moved to the Liberty Stadium in August 2011 and firmly established himself as first choice in their debut season in the Premier League, which saw him pick up Supporters` Player of the Year, Players` Player and the Away Player accolades at their end of season awards.
In total, he made 97 appearances for Swansea and was also part of the Netherlands` World Cup squad this summer in Brazil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur