Tottenham sign Ben Davies, Michel Vorm from Swansea
London: Tottenham made a double swoop on Premier League rivals Swansea on Wednesday when they signed left-back Ben Davies and Dutch international goalkeeper Michel Vorm.
Davies has signed a five-year contract and Vorm has agreed a four-year deal while Icelandic midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson moves to the Welsh club where he spent time on loan in 2012.
Highly-rated Davies, 21, earned his first professional contract with Swansea in 2011 and has gone on to earn 10 caps for Wales.
He played 91 times for the Swans, including starting their League Cup Final win against Bradford City in 2013.
Dutch goalkeeper Vorm moved to the Liberty Stadium in August 2011 and firmly established himself as first choice in their debut season in the Premier League, which saw him pick up Supporters` Player of the Year, Players` Player and the Away Player accolades at their end of season awards.
In total, he made 97 appearances for Swansea and was also part of the Netherlands` World Cup squad this summer in Brazil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Delhi: Africans thrash Ola cabbie for refusing to carry extra passengers
- New Horizons' best close-up of Pluto's surface – Watch!
- SoftBank's investments in India may surpass $10 billion
- Jaitley to 'take India story forward' with Japanese investors
- Bleaching kills 35 percent of coral in Great Barrier Reef