Totti might be recalled from retirement for World Cup 2014
Cesare Prandelli says he will not rule out recalling Francesco Totti, to the Italy squad for World Cup 2014, if he can remain fit.
The Italy coach Cesare Prandelli says, the 36-year-old`s future with the national team might not be over - as long as he stays in good physical condition.
The Roma forward already has 58 caps for his country, but his national team coach is open to the idea of a recall - even though the player officially retired in 2007.
"If we qualify for the World Cup then I’ll take a look at what shape he is in," the 55-year-old coach told reporters.
"He is proving to be in exceptional physical condition," added Prandelli.
The Azzurri are top of Group B in their bid for World Cup 2014 spot and Prandelli says he has picked his best possible squad for their friendly against Brazil.
"At the moment I do not see players stronger than those who are here at this time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price