Totti might be recalled from retirement for World Cup 2014
Cesare Prandelli says he will not rule out recalling Francesco Totti, to the Italy squad for World Cup 2014, if he can remain fit.
The Italy coach Cesare Prandelli says, the 36-year-old`s future with the national team might not be over - as long as he stays in good physical condition.
The Roma forward already has 58 caps for his country, but his national team coach is open to the idea of a recall - even though the player officially retired in 2007.
"If we qualify for the World Cup then I’ll take a look at what shape he is in," the 55-year-old coach told reporters.
"He is proving to be in exceptional physical condition," added Prandelli.
The Azzurri are top of Group B in their bid for World Cup 2014 spot and Prandelli says he has picked his best possible squad for their friendly against Brazil.
"At the moment I do not see players stronger than those who are here at this time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB