Totti might be recalled from retirement for World Cup 2014
Cesare Prandelli says he will not rule out recalling Francesco Totti, to the Italy squad for World Cup 2014, if he can remain fit.
The Italy coach Cesare Prandelli says, the 36-year-old`s future with the national team might not be over - as long as he stays in good physical condition.
The Roma forward already has 58 caps for his country, but his national team coach is open to the idea of a recall - even though the player officially retired in 2007.
"If we qualify for the World Cup then I’ll take a look at what shape he is in," the 55-year-old coach told reporters.
"He is proving to be in exceptional physical condition," added Prandelli.
The Azzurri are top of Group B in their bid for World Cup 2014 spot and Prandelli says he has picked his best possible squad for their friendly against Brazil.
"At the moment I do not see players stronger than those who are here at this time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing