Totti might be recalled from retirement for World Cup 2014
Cesare Prandelli says he will not rule out recalling Francesco Totti, to the Italy squad for World Cup 2014, if he can remain fit.
The Italy coach Cesare Prandelli says, the 36-year-old`s future with the national team might not be over - as long as he stays in good physical condition.
The Roma forward already has 58 caps for his country, but his national team coach is open to the idea of a recall - even though the player officially retired in 2007.
"If we qualify for the World Cup then I’ll take a look at what shape he is in," the 55-year-old coach told reporters.
"He is proving to be in exceptional physical condition," added Prandelli.
The Azzurri are top of Group B in their bid for World Cup 2014 spot and Prandelli says he has picked his best possible squad for their friendly against Brazil.
"At the moment I do not see players stronger than those who are here at this time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official