Totti`s return could add to Inter`s worries
Milan: Francesco Totti`s possible return from injury may add to the hazards leaders Inter Milan will face when they visit an AS Roma side with growing hopes of winning the Serie A title on Saturday (1700 GMT).
Roma have fared well without their captain, who has been dogged by a knee problem for much of the year, extending their unbeaten league run to 20 matches with a 2-0 win at Bologna on Wednesday to draw level on points with second-placed AC Milan.
Inter thumped bottom side Livorno 3-0 to pull four points clear after Milan lost 1-0 at Parma but Roma will have the chance to reduce the lead to a point at the Stadio Olimpico this weekend.
After Totti`s return to full training, they hope the striker can provide the ammunition for a surprise title win for a side that was in turmoil at the start of the season when coach Luciano Spalletti quit to be replaced by Claudio Ranieri.
"Having the captain back will be a major advantage for us," Brazil defender Juan, who should be in the side this weekend after being suspended against Bologna, told reporters.
"Let`s hope he`ll soon be back to his usual standard. Inter will be tired as they are playing a lot and they are engaged on various fronts (Serie A, Champions League and Italian Cup).”
"(AC) Milan are without (injured defender Alessandro) Nesta and (forward Alexandre) Pato, players who you miss."
Milan will also be without suspended Ronaldinho and Andrea Pirlo, who was sent off at the end of a toothless display at Parma, when they meet Lazio at home on Sunday (1845).
The Rome side have eased their relegation worries with two consecutive wins, although they are only four points above the drop zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark