Toulon boss refuses to apologise for ref rant
Paris: Toulon president Mourad Boudjellal has refused to apologise after complaining his side were the victim of "refereeing sodomy" in a French league game last weekend.
"I will withdraw my comments the day the referees will apologise," Boudjellal told French sports daily L`Equipe.
A colourful character in French rugby, Boudjellal hit out at the match officials after Toulon lost 25-19 Sunday.
A video aired by local newspaper Var Matin`s website (www.varmatin.fr) showed him to say: "I experienced my first refereeing sodomy against Clermont in 2009 (in a top 14 semi-final game). I`ve just experienced my second tonight. We will be able to see the footage, not on Youtube but on Youporn."
The French League said Boudjellal would likely be summoned to explain his remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!