Toure says Man City must improve on ‘predictable’ Plan B for PL success
London: Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has said rival teams in Premier League have learnt how to play against them, and added that the champions must work on improving their Plan B to win games.
City’s struggle against relegation threatened Reading last weekend was typical of their patchy campaign as they failed to turn their dominance into goals, the Sun reports.
Toure believes one of the main reasons behind City’s success last season was that they caught many times by surprise, and added the same shock element is not present in them any more.
The African Player of the Year said since rival teams won’t want to get beaten again so they will pack men behind the ball and make it difficult for City to find a way through.
However, Toure said he was enjoying the new challenge that has been put in front of the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Vitara Brezza, Innova make it to top 10 best selling passenger vehicles in May
- Mohammad Anas shatters national record, qualifies for Rio Olympics men's 400m race
- Unstoppable Slam machine Novak Djokovic eyes fourth Wimbledon title
- AAP's protest march to 7 RCR: Detained Delhi Dy CM Sisodia, 52 MLAs released by police
- 'Time to focus on cyber threats to aviation sector in India'