Turkey`s Sahin voted Bundesliga player of the season
Berlin: German-born Turkish international Nuri Sahin, who is leaving Borussia Dortmund for Real Madrid, has been voted Bundesliga player of the 2010-11 season by his peers, Kicker magazine said on Monday.
The 22-year-old midfielder was voted best outfield player with 46.1 percent of the vote, the magazine`s survey of 298 players showed, followed in second place by his Dortmund teammate Mario Goetze with 18.7 percent.
Chilean Arturo Vidal from Bayer Leverkusen was third, followed by Bayern Munich`s Dutch international Arjen Robben and teammate Mario Gomez in fifth.
Schalke`s Manuel Neuer, widely expected to move to Bayern Munich, was voted best goalkeeper with a thumping 70 percent of the vote.
Dortmund`s Juergen Klopp was rewarded for leading his team to their first league title since the 2001/02 season by being voted the Bundesliga`s best coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic