Turkey`s Sahin voted Bundesliga player of the season
Berlin: German-born Turkish international Nuri Sahin, who is leaving Borussia Dortmund for Real Madrid, has been voted Bundesliga player of the 2010-11 season by his peers, Kicker magazine said on Monday.
The 22-year-old midfielder was voted best outfield player with 46.1 percent of the vote, the magazine`s survey of 298 players showed, followed in second place by his Dortmund teammate Mario Goetze with 18.7 percent.
Chilean Arturo Vidal from Bayer Leverkusen was third, followed by Bayern Munich`s Dutch international Arjen Robben and teammate Mario Gomez in fifth.
Schalke`s Manuel Neuer, widely expected to move to Bayern Munich, was voted best goalkeeper with a thumping 70 percent of the vote.
Dortmund`s Juergen Klopp was rewarded for leading his team to their first league title since the 2001/02 season by being voted the Bundesliga`s best coach.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive