Turkey`s Sahin voted Bundesliga player of the season
Berlin: German-born Turkish international Nuri Sahin, who is leaving Borussia Dortmund for Real Madrid, has been voted Bundesliga player of the 2010-11 season by his peers, Kicker magazine said on Monday.
The 22-year-old midfielder was voted best outfield player with 46.1 percent of the vote, the magazine`s survey of 298 players showed, followed in second place by his Dortmund teammate Mario Goetze with 18.7 percent.
Chilean Arturo Vidal from Bayer Leverkusen was third, followed by Bayern Munich`s Dutch international Arjen Robben and teammate Mario Gomez in fifth.
Schalke`s Manuel Neuer, widely expected to move to Bayern Munich, was voted best goalkeeper with a thumping 70 percent of the vote.
Dortmund`s Juergen Klopp was rewarded for leading his team to their first league title since the 2001/02 season by being voted the Bundesliga`s best coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US