Two `EPL coaches` on talent hunt drive
Itanagar: English Premier League outfit Reading Football Club coaches Keith Greene and Jamie Carr along with advisor Tomo Nomuk began their six-month-long coaching cum talent hunt at the Sangey Lhaden Sports Academy (SLSA) at Chimpu, near here.
The coaching camp was kicked off by Sports Authority of Arunachal (SAA) Vice Chairman Likha Tara yesterday.
Greene and Carr, having coaching experience of 18 and six years respectively, would train the U-14 sub-juniors. At Chimpu, 42 players from Papum Pare and Capital Complex are attending the month-long training.
"This is a promise fulfilled by the state government, especially Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, to engage experienced football coach to train local youths," Tara said.
Similar training camps of one month duration each would also be held at Aalo and Nari for players of West Siang, East Siang and Upper Siang districts from May 15, at Roing for players of Lower Dibang Valley, Tirap, Longding, Changlang, Anjaw, Dibang Valley and Lohit districts from April 10.
It would also be held for West Kameng, East Kameng and Tawang at Bomdila and Rupa from June 20 and Kurung Kumey, Lower Subansiri and Upper Subansiri at Ziro from July 25 next.
This is the first time Reading FC is training any players in India, Nomuk said. The coaching camps are being organized jointly by SSA and Arunachal Pradesh Football Association.
The coaches stressed on hard work and maintaining strict discipline by players. They also briefed the young footballers about the basic requirements - physical fitness, concentration, cooperation, confidence and maintaining healthy and balanced diet to turn into a good player.
RFC entered into an MoU with the Arunachal Pradesh Football Association (APFA) on September 30 last to give a new thrust to soccer in the state.
The MoU was signed by Lok Sabha MP Takam Sanjoy, representing APFA as its president, and Nomuk on behalf of the premier club, in the presence of the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow