Two `EPL coaches` on talent hunt drive
Itanagar: English Premier League outfit Reading Football Club coaches Keith Greene and Jamie Carr along with advisor Tomo Nomuk began their six-month-long coaching cum talent hunt at the Sangey Lhaden Sports Academy (SLSA) at Chimpu, near here.
The coaching camp was kicked off by Sports Authority of Arunachal (SAA) Vice Chairman Likha Tara yesterday.
Greene and Carr, having coaching experience of 18 and six years respectively, would train the U-14 sub-juniors. At Chimpu, 42 players from Papum Pare and Capital Complex are attending the month-long training.
"This is a promise fulfilled by the state government, especially Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, to engage experienced football coach to train local youths," Tara said.
Similar training camps of one month duration each would also be held at Aalo and Nari for players of West Siang, East Siang and Upper Siang districts from May 15, at Roing for players of Lower Dibang Valley, Tirap, Longding, Changlang, Anjaw, Dibang Valley and Lohit districts from April 10.
It would also be held for West Kameng, East Kameng and Tawang at Bomdila and Rupa from June 20 and Kurung Kumey, Lower Subansiri and Upper Subansiri at Ziro from July 25 next.
This is the first time Reading FC is training any players in India, Nomuk said. The coaching camps are being organized jointly by SSA and Arunachal Pradesh Football Association.
The coaches stressed on hard work and maintaining strict discipline by players. They also briefed the young footballers about the basic requirements - physical fitness, concentration, cooperation, confidence and maintaining healthy and balanced diet to turn into a good player.
RFC entered into an MoU with the Arunachal Pradesh Football Association (APFA) on September 30 last to give a new thrust to soccer in the state.
The MoU was signed by Lok Sabha MP Takam Sanjoy, representing APFA as its president, and Nomuk on behalf of the premier club, in the presence of the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees