Two Kolkata footballers held for `raping` minor
Kolkata: Two footballers from two famous city-based clubs have been arrested for allegedly gang raping a 14-year-old girl in West Bengal`s North 24 Parganas district, police said Wednesday.
"Following a complaint of gang rape of a minor in which four people have been accused, we have arrested two people who play for two different football clubs," an official of DumDum police station said.
The minor was allegedly lured by the accused to their accommodation Monday afternoon, raped and dumped outside.
The victim`s father lodged a complaint late Tuesday night following which the footballers were arrested.
The police were searching for the other two accused.
Meanwhile some reports suggested that there were three footballers involved in the incident and it is being speculated that the footballers belong to East Bengal and Prayag United.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam