Two Kolkata footballers held for `raping` minor
Kolkata: Two footballers from two famous city-based clubs have been arrested for allegedly gang raping a 14-year-old girl in West Bengal`s North 24 Parganas district, police said Wednesday.
"Following a complaint of gang rape of a minor in which four people have been accused, we have arrested two people who play for two different football clubs," an official of DumDum police station said.
The minor was allegedly lured by the accused to their accommodation Monday afternoon, raped and dumped outside.
The victim`s father lodged a complaint late Tuesday night following which the footballers were arrested.
The police were searching for the other two accused.
Meanwhile some reports suggested that there were three footballers involved in the incident and it is being speculated that the footballers belong to East Bengal and Prayag United.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM