Two Kolkata footballers held for `raping` minor
Kolkata: Two footballers from two famous city-based clubs have been arrested for allegedly gang raping a 14-year-old girl in West Bengal`s North 24 Parganas district, police said Wednesday.
"Following a complaint of gang rape of a minor in which four people have been accused, we have arrested two people who play for two different football clubs," an official of DumDum police station said.
The minor was allegedly lured by the accused to their accommodation Monday afternoon, raped and dumped outside.
The victim`s father lodged a complaint late Tuesday night following which the footballers were arrested.
The police were searching for the other two accused.
Meanwhile some reports suggested that there were three footballers involved in the incident and it is being speculated that the footballers belong to East Bengal and Prayag United.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India