Two tough defences as Barca host Sevilla
Madrid: Two of the tightest defences in Spanish football will go head to head when FC Barcelona entertain Sevilla at the Camp Nou stadium Saturday night.
Barcelona go into the game top of the table with just three goals conceded all campaign, while Sevilla have received just four goals. Both sides remain unbeaten in the league.
However, while Sevilla have scored just eight goals in their seven matches to date, Barcelona have found the target 26 times, an average of almost four a game, reports Xinhua.
Pep Guardiola`s side go into the match on the back of a 2-0 win over Viktoria Plzen in the Champions League after a performance in which they showed their traditional virtues of moving the ball fluidly and quickly only to miss a hatful of chances.
Lionel Messi saw two shots hit the woodwork and failed to score, but despite that the Argentine has still managed to score 16 goals in 13 appearances during the campaign.
Guardiola played a strong side against the Czechs, although he did rest club captain Carles Puyol, who should return to the side Saturday allowing Eric Abidal to move across to left back.
Cesc Fabrigas is also available after recovering from a muscle problem, although the former Arsenal player will probably start the game on the bench. Meanwhile, former Sevilla midfielder Seydou Keita could start the match if Guardiola decides to carry out his habitual team rotations.
Sevilla travel to Barcelona without striker Alvaro Negredo, who is injured. The club President, Jose Maria del Nido has been a vociferous critic of the distribution of TV rights which sees Barcelona earn over three times more than his side every season.
Del Nido insists that the distribution of TV money means the Primera Liga is effectively a two horse race between Barca and Madrid and a heavy Barca win would effectively back up his claim.
Nevertheless, Sevilla will take to the pitch wearing shirts bearing the logo `proud of Andalusia` and with the aim of making Andalusia proud of Sevilla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack