Two US players each make more than total payroll of 15 MLS clubs
Washington: Two US football stars, who play for Major League Soccer (MLS), reportedly make more than the total payroll of 15 out of the 19 American league clubs.
Clint Dempsey, who returned to MLS from the English Premier League in August, is making 6.695 million dollars in guaranteed salary for the Seattle Sounders this year followed by Toronto FC`s Michael Bradley, who makes 6.5 million dollars.
According to the Mashable, both the players` individual salary is more than the entire payroll of 15 of the 19 MLS teams.
They are followed by Los Angeles Galaxy`s Landon Donovan, making 4.6 million dollars, which is higher than 12 teams` payrolls.
The three players are reportedly the only US Men`s National Team ( USMNT) members among the league`s 10 highest-paid players.
Although the MLS reportedly has a hard salary cap of 3.1 million-dollars per team, it has a `designated player rule` that allows teams to sign up to three players whose salaries do not count against the cap.
The idea behind the `designated player rule` is that it will help the league increase its talent level, even though it still maintains some competitive balance, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing