U-19 football squad for AFC qualifiers announced
New Delhi: The All India Football Federation on Saturday announced a 23-member squad for the AFC U-19 Championship Qualifiers to be held in Doha from October 4.
India have been clubbed with hosts Qatar, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Nepal in Group A.
The boys, formed out of Goa`s Elite Academy, will be playing the hosts in their opener on October 4 followed by Nepal (October 6), Uzbekistan (October 10), and Turkmenistan (October 12).
The squad, which drew 1-1 with Goa Pro League outfit SESA Goa in the latest Friendly match, will be reaching Doha on Sunday.
Goalkeepers: Chinmaya Shekhar Behera, Supratim Bhattacharjee, Vishal Kaith.
Defenders: Gurba Gagrai, Nim Dorjee Tamang, Pawan Kumar, Sarthak Golui, Sajid Mohd. Dhot, Soraisam Pritam Kumar Singh, Rupert Lamlang Nongrum.
Midfielders: Souvik Das, Joseph Lalfakzuala, Germanpreet Singh, Alen Deory, Lalramzauva Khiangte, Isaac Vanmalsawma Chhakchhuak, Lalrempuia Fanai.
Forwards: Kumam Udanta Singh, SK Faiaz, Daniel Lalhlimpuia, Naro Hari Shreshtha, Shaiborlang Kharpan, Uttam Rai.
Head Coach: Colm Joseph Toal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened