U-19 football squad for AFC qualifiers announced
New Delhi: The All India Football Federation on Saturday announced a 23-member squad for the AFC U-19 Championship Qualifiers to be held in Doha from October 4.
India have been clubbed with hosts Qatar, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Nepal in Group A.
The boys, formed out of Goa`s Elite Academy, will be playing the hosts in their opener on October 4 followed by Nepal (October 6), Uzbekistan (October 10), and Turkmenistan (October 12).
The squad, which drew 1-1 with Goa Pro League outfit SESA Goa in the latest Friendly match, will be reaching Doha on Sunday.
Goalkeepers: Chinmaya Shekhar Behera, Supratim Bhattacharjee, Vishal Kaith.
Defenders: Gurba Gagrai, Nim Dorjee Tamang, Pawan Kumar, Sarthak Golui, Sajid Mohd. Dhot, Soraisam Pritam Kumar Singh, Rupert Lamlang Nongrum.
Midfielders: Souvik Das, Joseph Lalfakzuala, Germanpreet Singh, Alen Deory, Lalramzauva Khiangte, Isaac Vanmalsawma Chhakchhuak, Lalrempuia Fanai.
Forwards: Kumam Udanta Singh, SK Faiaz, Daniel Lalhlimpuia, Naro Hari Shreshtha, Shaiborlang Kharpan, Uttam Rai.
Head Coach: Colm Joseph Toal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace