U-19 football squad for AFC qualifiers announced
New Delhi: The All India Football Federation on Saturday announced a 23-member squad for the AFC U-19 Championship Qualifiers to be held in Doha from October 4.
India have been clubbed with hosts Qatar, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Nepal in Group A.
The boys, formed out of Goa`s Elite Academy, will be playing the hosts in their opener on October 4 followed by Nepal (October 6), Uzbekistan (October 10), and Turkmenistan (October 12).
The squad, which drew 1-1 with Goa Pro League outfit SESA Goa in the latest Friendly match, will be reaching Doha on Sunday.
Goalkeepers: Chinmaya Shekhar Behera, Supratim Bhattacharjee, Vishal Kaith.
Defenders: Gurba Gagrai, Nim Dorjee Tamang, Pawan Kumar, Sarthak Golui, Sajid Mohd. Dhot, Soraisam Pritam Kumar Singh, Rupert Lamlang Nongrum.
Midfielders: Souvik Das, Joseph Lalfakzuala, Germanpreet Singh, Alen Deory, Lalramzauva Khiangte, Isaac Vanmalsawma Chhakchhuak, Lalrempuia Fanai.
Forwards: Kumam Udanta Singh, SK Faiaz, Daniel Lalhlimpuia, Naro Hari Shreshtha, Shaiborlang Kharpan, Uttam Rai.
Head Coach: Colm Joseph Toal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption