Udinese beats Roma 2-0, takes 1st place in Italy
Milan: Udinese returned to first place in the Italian league, beating Roma 2-0 on Friday on goals by Antonio Di Natale and Mauricio Isla.
Di Natale broke a scoreless deadlock in the 79th minute with his ninth goal of the season, giving him a share of the league lead. Isla sealed the outcome with two minutes left, tapping the ball into an empty net.
Udinese leads with 24 points. Two points back are Juventus and Lazio, who play each other Saturday night. Roma remains in fifth place with 17 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez