Udinese sack De Biasi, bring back Marino
Genoa: Udinese sacked coach Gianni De Biasi and reappointed Pasquale Marino on Sunday after a 3-0 loss at Genoa left the Italian Serie A club a point above the relegation zone.
Former Torino boss De Biasi only replaced Marino in December but results did not improve and Saturday`s weak defeat was the last straw for club directors.
"Udinese announce that Pasquale Marino and his staff have been reappointed as coaches of the first team," a club statement said.
Italian clubs regularly recall sacked managers because they are still on the payroll if their contracts were not resolved and so are cheaper to employ than other coaches.
The side from the north-eastern city of Udine had made a decent start to the campaign under Marino before a dip in form, and they still boast Serie A`s top scorer in Antonio Di Natale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video