Udinese sack De Biasi, bring back Marino
Genoa: Udinese sacked coach Gianni De Biasi and reappointed Pasquale Marino on Sunday after a 3-0 loss at Genoa left the Italian Serie A club a point above the relegation zone.
Former Torino boss De Biasi only replaced Marino in December but results did not improve and Saturday`s weak defeat was the last straw for club directors.
"Udinese announce that Pasquale Marino and his staff have been reappointed as coaches of the first team," a club statement said.
Italian clubs regularly recall sacked managers because they are still on the payroll if their contracts were not resolved and so are cheaper to employ than other coaches.
The side from the north-eastern city of Udine had made a decent start to the campaign under Marino before a dip in form, and they still boast Serie A`s top scorer in Antonio Di Natale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'