UEFA Champions League: Arsenal vs Bayern Munich - Preview
London: With Nacho Monreal cup-tied, Kieran Gibbs (thigh) injured and Andre Santos loaned out to Gremio last week, Thomas Vermaelen is likely to be utilised at left-back by Arsene Wenger.
Mikel Arteta is still not fully fit after recovering from injury and Wenger is believed to be leaning towards a front trio of Theo Walcott, Lukas Podolski and Santi Cazorla and axing Olivier Giroud.
Javi Martinez (toe) missed Bayern`s last game against Wolfsburg, but should return for the runaway Bundesliga leaders.
Claudio Pizarro (illness) and Holger Badstuber (knee) will miss out for the visitors, while Jerome Boateng is suspended.
• Arsenal and Bayern Munich have met four times before in the Champions League, with the Gunners victorious just once.
• Their last meeting was also at the Champions League last-16 stage, which the German side won 3-2 on aggregate in 2004-05.
• Olivier Giroud has four assists in the group stages of the Champions League this season; only Zlatan Ibrahimovic has more with five.
• Lukas Podolski has scored three goals from three shots on target in the Champions League this term. He is 17/2 to score the first goal in the game with BetVictor.
• Bayern Munich had the most different goalscorers in the group stage, with nine.
• The German side also conceded the fewest shots on target in the group stage, with just 17 against.
• The Bavarians last won in England in April 2001, with a 1-0 quarter-final victory over Manchester United on course to winning the tournament.
• Mario Gomez has scored 25 goals in 26 Champions League starts.