Barcelona: Barcelona playmaker Xavi is available to face AC Milan on Tuesday after recovering from a thigh problem.
READ THE COMPLETE PREVIEW HERE»
Messi is a monster who scores all the time»
Goalkeeper Victor Valdes returns from a domestic ban, while stand-in coach Jordi Roura will also recall several players who were rested for the 2-0 win over Deportivo La Coruna.
Milan striker Giampaolo Pazzini has not made the trip to Spain after suffering a micro-fracture to his fibula in Friday`s victory at Genoa, with M`Baye Niang, Bojan Krkic and Robinho all vying to replace the Italy international.
Philippe Mexes and Kevin-Prince Boateng should be fit to play despite carrying niggling injuries, while Mario Balotelli is cup-tied.
• Barcelona are on a 19-match unbeaten run at Camp Nou in the Champions League, winning 15, since a 2-1 loss to Rubin Kazan in October 2009.
• The Blaugrana have won 11 of 24 ties in European competition in which they have lost the first leg away from home. However, no team in Champions League history has overturned a 2-0 first-leg defeat.
• Lionel Messi (pictured, right) needs one more strike to overtake Ruud van Nistelrooy`s record of 56 goals and become the second-highest scorer in Champions League history.
• AC Milan are unbeaten in Serie A in 2013, winning seven and drawing three.
• The seven-time European champions have already lost on Spanish soil this season - a 1-0 reverse at Malaga in the group stage. Their overall away record against Spanish opposition is W4, D6, L13.
• Milan hold the unwanted record for the biggest first-leg lead squandered in the Champions League era, when their 4-1 advantage in the 2003-04 quarter-finals against Deportivo La Coruna was overturned by a 4-0 defeat in the return leg.
First Published: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 08:47