UEFA Champions League: Tough group for Manchester City
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Manchester City got the toughest group in the group stages of the 2012 UEFA Champions League as the English Premier League champions will have to face Spanish La Liga champions Real Madrid, Dutch champions Ajax and German champions Dortmund in the group stages.
3-time UEFA Champions League winners Manchester United got an easy draw in the group stages of the 2012 UEFA Champions League.
The English Premier side was drawn in Group H alongside Braga from Portugal, Galatasaray from Turkey and CRF Cluj from Romania.
City crashed out of the Champions League early last season after being handed a nightmare group containing Napoli, Bayern Munich and Villarreal.
The group stages will begin on September 18, with two teams from each group progressing to the knockout round and the third-placed teams going into the Europa League. The final will be played at Wembley on May 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users