UEFA Champions League: Tough group for Manchester City
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Manchester City got the toughest group in the group stages of the 2012 UEFA Champions League as the English Premier League champions will have to face Spanish La Liga champions Real Madrid, Dutch champions Ajax and German champions Dortmund in the group stages.
3-time UEFA Champions League winners Manchester United got an easy draw in the group stages of the 2012 UEFA Champions League.
The English Premier side was drawn in Group H alongside Braga from Portugal, Galatasaray from Turkey and CRF Cluj from Romania.
City crashed out of the Champions League early last season after being handed a nightmare group containing Napoli, Bayern Munich and Villarreal.
The group stages will begin on September 18, with two teams from each group progressing to the knockout round and the third-placed teams going into the Europa League. The final will be played at Wembley on May 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- LIVE: Indian Army destroys 7 terror launch pads across Line of Control