UEFA chief praises Ukraine for Euro 2012 success
Kiev: UEFA chief Michel Platini met Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych here Tuesday to praise Euro 2012 co-host Ukraine for its good organisation of the tournament.
"It was an excellent tournament with good players, goals, matches and referees," Platini said.
The UEFA president officially eulogised the Ukrainian president, Ukraine Football Association president Gryhoriy Surkis and UEFA Events executive in Ukraine Martin Kallen for the work they had done as the event`s organisers.
Platini said he had received a lot of positive reviews about Euro 2012, co-hosted by Ukraine and Poland, from all over the world.
"We aim to host the World Cup in Ukraine," Yanukovych said, adding that Ukrainian authorities are working hard on this issue.
The 16-nation Euro 2012 football championships took place from June 8 to July 1 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened