UEFA opens disciplinary proceedings against Sir Alex Ferguson and Nani
London: The Manchester United manager failed to fulfill media obligations in the aftermath of the Champions League defeat to Real Madrid after the Portuguese was controversially sent off.
UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Sir Alex Ferguson and Nani following Manchester United`s defeat to Real Madrid on Tuesday evening.
The Portuguese winger was sent off during the Champions League last-16 match after striking Los Blancos right back Alvaro Arbeloa with a high boot.
That decision left Ferguson, 71, infuriated and the Scot sent assistant Mike Phelan in his place to fulfil the club`s media obligations after the game.
Phelan revealed that Ferguson was "too distraught" with referee Cuneyt`s Cakir`s performance to face the press in the immediate aftermath, despite his absence contravening UEFA rule.
The current Premier League leader could face further disciplinary action should defender Rio Ferdinand`s sarcastic applause of Cakir shortly after the final whistle be mentioned in the official`s report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog