UEFA opens disciplinary proceedings against Sir Alex Ferguson and Nani
London: The Manchester United manager failed to fulfill media obligations in the aftermath of the Champions League defeat to Real Madrid after the Portuguese was controversially sent off.
UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Sir Alex Ferguson and Nani following Manchester United`s defeat to Real Madrid on Tuesday evening.
The Portuguese winger was sent off during the Champions League last-16 match after striking Los Blancos right back Alvaro Arbeloa with a high boot.
That decision left Ferguson, 71, infuriated and the Scot sent assistant Mike Phelan in his place to fulfil the club`s media obligations after the game.
Phelan revealed that Ferguson was "too distraught" with referee Cuneyt`s Cakir`s performance to face the press in the immediate aftermath, despite his absence contravening UEFA rule.
The current Premier League leader could face further disciplinary action should defender Rio Ferdinand`s sarcastic applause of Cakir shortly after the final whistle be mentioned in the official`s report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts