UEFA opens disciplinary proceedings against Sir Alex Ferguson and Nani
London: The Manchester United manager failed to fulfill media obligations in the aftermath of the Champions League defeat to Real Madrid after the Portuguese was controversially sent off.
UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Sir Alex Ferguson and Nani following Manchester United`s defeat to Real Madrid on Tuesday evening.
The Portuguese winger was sent off during the Champions League last-16 match after striking Los Blancos right back Alvaro Arbeloa with a high boot.
That decision left Ferguson, 71, infuriated and the Scot sent assistant Mike Phelan in his place to fulfil the club`s media obligations after the game.
Phelan revealed that Ferguson was "too distraught" with referee Cuneyt`s Cakir`s performance to face the press in the immediate aftermath, despite his absence contravening UEFA rule.
The current Premier League leader could face further disciplinary action should defender Rio Ferdinand`s sarcastic applause of Cakir shortly after the final whistle be mentioned in the official`s report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Shocking CCTV footage of deadly suicide blasts at Istanbul's Ataturk airport captured: Watch
- Kejriwal chides Goa CM over tainted relative
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet brings cheers for Armed forces; salary more than doubled
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez confident Lionel Messi will reverse his decision to retire
- 7th Pay Commission: Demand to push growth; modest risk to inflation