‘Uncertain’ Nani to call on new Man U boss Moyes before deciding future
London: Manchester United winger Nani is reportedly set to call on new boss David Moyes before making an announcement on his future in the next couple of days.
Talks over a new deal at United have stalled amid speculation linking the Portuguese ace, who is a 12 million-pound target for Monaco, Galatasaray and Napoli, with a move away from Old Trafford.
Although it is yet unclear as to whether Nani has a place in Moyes’ plans or not, the player said that he has not yet decided his future and will take a decision as soon as he speaks with Moyes.
Nani’s case for staying is not helped by the 15 million-pound signing of Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace and the return to fitness of Ashley Young, adding that the player slipped down United’s pecking order after former boss Sir Alex Ferguson regularly left him on the sidelines.
However, Nani has reportedly said that he wants a six million pounds-a-year salary if he is to leave Old Trafford, although the report said that his statement would not worry Turkish giants Galatasaray or rich Monaco, which is bankrolled by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev.
Nani, who joined United from Sporting Lisbon for 14 million pounds in 2007, made just seven league starts last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore