United`s Jones taken to hospital
Manchester: Manchester United defender Phil Jones was taken to hospital after injuring his shoulder during his side`s 3-1 win over Hull City on Tuesday, interim manager Ryan Giggs revealed.
"He`s gone to the hospital, so we`ll just have to assess it," Giggs said.
"We`ll see how it looks, but it didn`t look great."
Jones, 22, hurt himself in an aerial collision with Maynor Figueroa mid-way through the first half of the Premier League game at Old Trafford and had to be helped off the pitch by a member of United`s medical staff.
The news will be of particular concern to England manager Roy Hodgson, who is due to name his 23-man squad for the World Cup in Brazil on Monday.
The versatile Jones has won nine caps for England and was expected to be included in Hodgson`s squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court
- EPL: Anthony Martial strikes as Manchester United make Leicester City wait for title
- PM Modi visits Varanasi, launches 'e-boats' at Assi Ghat: In Pics