United`s Jones taken to hospital
Manchester: Manchester United defender Phil Jones was taken to hospital after injuring his shoulder during his side`s 3-1 win over Hull City on Tuesday, interim manager Ryan Giggs revealed.
"He`s gone to the hospital, so we`ll just have to assess it," Giggs said.
"We`ll see how it looks, but it didn`t look great."
Jones, 22, hurt himself in an aerial collision with Maynor Figueroa mid-way through the first half of the Premier League game at Old Trafford and had to be helped off the pitch by a member of United`s medical staff.
The news will be of particular concern to England manager Roy Hodgson, who is due to name his 23-man squad for the World Cup in Brazil on Monday.
The versatile Jones has won nine caps for England and was expected to be included in Hodgson`s squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video