United SC not overawed by `mighty` Sporting Clube de Goa
Kolkata: Resurgent United SC will aim to stop the Sporting Clube de Goa juggernaut when they clash in their return leg I-League 17th round fixture at the Yuba Bharat Krirangan on Saturday.
However it won`t be an easy task for the home challengers as they would miss the services of the likes Gouranga Biswas and Lalkamal Bhowmick because of injury.
Their striker Yusif Yakubu is also unlikely to start as he has gone home for family reasons.
The visitors will rely heavily on their Sudanese striker James Moga, Keita Boubacar and Ogba Kalu Nnanna to take them through even as the coach Sanjoy Sen said they were not overawed by the Goan outfit.
"They might have won their last three matches including one against Mohun Bagan. They have quality players like Moga and Kalu. But we would be playing to win," Sen said.
Meanwhile, Sporting Clube de Goa coach Ekendra Singh said, "We are likely to start with Keita and Moga and will probably bring on Kalu at a later stage. United defeated Mohun Bagan in their last match but so have we."
United have 28 points while Sporting Clube de Goa after three wins have 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video