United SC not overawed by `mighty` Sporting Clube de Goa
Kolkata: Resurgent United SC will aim to stop the Sporting Clube de Goa juggernaut when they clash in their return leg I-League 17th round fixture at the Yuba Bharat Krirangan on Saturday.
However it won`t be an easy task for the home challengers as they would miss the services of the likes Gouranga Biswas and Lalkamal Bhowmick because of injury.
Their striker Yusif Yakubu is also unlikely to start as he has gone home for family reasons.
The visitors will rely heavily on their Sudanese striker James Moga, Keita Boubacar and Ogba Kalu Nnanna to take them through even as the coach Sanjoy Sen said they were not overawed by the Goan outfit.
"They might have won their last three matches including one against Mohun Bagan. They have quality players like Moga and Kalu. But we would be playing to win," Sen said.
Meanwhile, Sporting Clube de Goa coach Ekendra Singh said, "We are likely to start with Keita and Moga and will probably bring on Kalu at a later stage. United defeated Mohun Bagan in their last match but so have we."
United have 28 points while Sporting Clube de Goa after three wins have 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss