Uruguay midfielder Eguren joins Palmeiras
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football club Palmeiras have signed Uruguay international midfielder Sebastian Eguren.
The 32-year-old joined the Sao Paulo-based outfit after rescinding his contract with Paraguay`s Libertad Wednesday, according to a statement on Palmeiras` official web site.
"I joined Palmeiras for what the club is," Eguren was quoted as saying by Xinhua. "It`s a big club that is renowned internationally. I am excited by the new challenge and want to win trophies here."
Palmeiras consider Eguren a key signing in their bid to return to Brazil`s top flight in 2014 after being relegated last year for only the second time in their history.
The former Villarreal player was a member of Oscar Tabarez`s Uruguay squad during last month`s Confederations Cup in Brazil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media