Uruguay midfielder Eguren joins Palmeiras
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football club Palmeiras have signed Uruguay international midfielder Sebastian Eguren.
The 32-year-old joined the Sao Paulo-based outfit after rescinding his contract with Paraguay`s Libertad Wednesday, according to a statement on Palmeiras` official web site.
"I joined Palmeiras for what the club is," Eguren was quoted as saying by Xinhua. "It`s a big club that is renowned internationally. I am excited by the new challenge and want to win trophies here."
Palmeiras consider Eguren a key signing in their bid to return to Brazil`s top flight in 2014 after being relegated last year for only the second time in their history.
The former Villarreal player was a member of Oscar Tabarez`s Uruguay squad during last month`s Confederations Cup in Brazil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli