Uruguay midfielder Eguren joins Palmeiras
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football club Palmeiras have signed Uruguay international midfielder Sebastian Eguren.
The 32-year-old joined the Sao Paulo-based outfit after rescinding his contract with Paraguay`s Libertad Wednesday, according to a statement on Palmeiras` official web site.
"I joined Palmeiras for what the club is," Eguren was quoted as saying by Xinhua. "It`s a big club that is renowned internationally. I am excited by the new challenge and want to win trophies here."
Palmeiras consider Eguren a key signing in their bid to return to Brazil`s top flight in 2014 after being relegated last year for only the second time in their history.
The former Villarreal player was a member of Oscar Tabarez`s Uruguay squad during last month`s Confederations Cup in Brazil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!