Uruguay to tackle violence in football stadiums
Montevideo: Uruguay`s police will submit a list of names of violent fans to the Uruguayan Football Association (AUF) for the clubs to ban their entrance to stadiums.
"It is necessary to deprive them of the right to enter," said Sports Minister Liliam Kechichian.
A security committee formed by the Uruguayan Interior and Sports Ministries met Monday with AUF and delegates from the football clubs to discuss about the measures to take against violence in stadiums.
"We will ask the clubs to appoint a person responsible for security and also to evaluate the consequences of not having the necessary conditions" to guarantee security, said Kechichian.
So far, the clubs delegated the security in the stadiums to their own groups of diehard fans called `barras bravas`.
Kechichian affirmed, "if the teams do not appoint a person and there is nobody to talk with, the games could be played without the presence of the clubs` supporters."
The minister said "these `barras bravas` should not exist anymore, we have to eliminate them."
Meanwhile, Jorge Vazquez, Interior vice minister, admitted that it is ‘difficult’ for the clubs to ban the boisterous fans from the stadiums.
Violence among the `barras bravas` have occasionally affected the Uruguayan football, where five people have been killed in the last two decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow