Uruguay win but face World Cup playoff with Jordan
Brasilia: Chile and Ecuador claimed the final two South American berths at next year`s World Cup finals in Brazil on Tuesday as Uruguay missed out, despite beating already qualified Argentina.
Uruguay, two-times world champions, beat group winners Argentina 3-2 in Montevideo. But Chile`s 2-1 success over Ecuador gave them third place and the Ecuadorans clung on for fourth.
Already qualified Colombia`s 2-1 win in Paraguay saw them finish second after the final slate of matches.
Uruguay still have a chance of reaching next year`s finals. They will meet Asia`s Jordan in a playoff next month for a World Cup spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog