US star Jones set to switch to Besiktas
Berlin: USA midfielder Jermaine Jones is set to switch from Bundesliga club Schalke 04 to Turkish side Besiktas, it emerged on Thursday.
Schalke`s director of sport Horst Heldt confirmed the 32-year-old Jones was in Istanbul for a medical check with Besiktas and was expected to sign a contract on Thursday.
The US star, who joined Schalke in 2007, wrote "Thanks for the wonderful years at Schalke, the fans will always be in my heart" on his Twitter account.
He later tweeted a picture of himself in a black-and-white Besiktas shirt, saying: "With pride and honor I will wear the black eagle jersey. Thanks to be part of this family. I can`t wait to Start !!!"
Jones made three friendly appearances for Germany in 2008 before switching to play for the USA and has made 38 appearances for the Stars and Stripes since 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai