US World Cup star DaMarcus Beasley signs with Houston Dynamo
Houston: US defender DaMarcus Beasley, who last month became the first American to play in four World Cups, has signed with the Houston Dynamo, the Major League Soccer team announced Wednesday.
Dynamo traded midfielder Warren Creaville to Toronto on Wednesday in order to obtain rights to sign Beasley, who started all four matches in Brazil for Jurgen Klinsmann`s US World Cup squad.
"DaMarcus has had a great career, as we saw at the World Cup," Dynamo coach Dom Kinnear said. "To bring in a player of his quality is a big plus for the team."
Beasley has 120 caps and has made 11 World Cup match appearances.
"I am excited and ready to start this new chapter in my career," Beasley said. "I feel fit and ready to go and hope Dom will see my work ethic and desire to play at a high level."
Beasley, 32, spent the past three seasons with Puebla of the Mexican league but prior career stops have included Hannover, Rangers, Manchester City, PSV Eindhoven and Chicago.
"I am thrilled that DaMarcus will be joining our club, Dynamo president Chris Canetti said. "It`s exciting to have a player with such decorated credentials here with us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday