US World Cup star DaMarcus Beasley signs with Houston Dynamo
Houston: US defender DaMarcus Beasley, who last month became the first American to play in four World Cups, has signed with the Houston Dynamo, the Major League Soccer team announced Wednesday.
Dynamo traded midfielder Warren Creaville to Toronto on Wednesday in order to obtain rights to sign Beasley, who started all four matches in Brazil for Jurgen Klinsmann`s US World Cup squad.
"DaMarcus has had a great career, as we saw at the World Cup," Dynamo coach Dom Kinnear said. "To bring in a player of his quality is a big plus for the team."
Beasley has 120 caps and has made 11 World Cup match appearances.
"I am excited and ready to start this new chapter in my career," Beasley said. "I feel fit and ready to go and hope Dom will see my work ethic and desire to play at a high level."
Beasley, 32, spent the past three seasons with Puebla of the Mexican league but prior career stops have included Hannover, Rangers, Manchester City, PSV Eindhoven and Chicago.
"I am thrilled that DaMarcus will be joining our club, Dynamo president Chris Canetti said. "It`s exciting to have a player with such decorated credentials here with us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning