USFC geared up for I-League debut
Gangtok: Bhaichung Bhutia said that United Sikkim Football Club (USFC) will go all out to maintain a flawless home game record at the I-League this season.
"USFC is confident of doing well and will try to maintain a flawless home game record," Bhutia told reporters here on Wednesday.
The I-League will open this season with USFC hosting Dempo SC at Paljor stadium here on October 6.
USFC is sparing no efforts to host the matches flawlessly and experts have been hired to ensure better organization of I-League matches in Sikkim, he said.
As for the facilities, Bhutia informed that anti-doping and medical rooms have also been set up in the stadium and added that sports channel Ten Action will telecast at least two of the 13 matches live.
USFC has 13 home matches spread out from 06 Oct to 28 April 2013.
He further informed that important delegates and personalities from within and outside the country will also be visiting Gangtok during the matches, with an Asian Football Confederation delegation arriving here on October 5, the eve of the inaugural match, to inspect the arrangements.
USFC gained entry into the prestigious I-League on its second attempt itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SpaceX makes third rocket landing on droneship
- Myntra makes comeback with desktop website
- Live performance: Bollywood star Farhan Akhtar ready to fly in Chicago!
- BSER Rajasthan Board Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 declared - check rajresults.nic.in and rajeduboard.nic.in
- Karan Johar in awe of Radhika Apte's 'Phobia'!