Valencia `still in pain` following `brother` Christian Benitez`s death
London: Manchester United player Antonio Valencia has led a series of tributes on Twitter for his Ecuadorian teammate Christian Benitez, who died after a match in Qatar following a cardiac arrest.
According to The Sun, Valencia, who played alongside the former Birmingham striker with Ecuador, called his close friend Benitez as a `brother` and spoke of his pain in a series of tributes on Twitter.
Stating that his pain is still very strong, Valencia lamented losing his `chucho` Benitez, saying that he was honored to have the opportunity to play with Benitez, whom he also called as a `top bloke` and offered his condolences to his grieving family.
Valencia also posted a number of tweets in Spanish language, mourning his late teammate, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage