Valencia `still in pain` following `brother` Christian Benitez`s death
London: Manchester United player Antonio Valencia has led a series of tributes on Twitter for his Ecuadorian teammate Christian Benitez, who died after a match in Qatar following a cardiac arrest.
According to The Sun, Valencia, who played alongside the former Birmingham striker with Ecuador, called his close friend Benitez as a `brother` and spoke of his pain in a series of tributes on Twitter.
Stating that his pain is still very strong, Valencia lamented losing his `chucho` Benitez, saying that he was honored to have the opportunity to play with Benitez, whom he also called as a `top bloke` and offered his condolences to his grieving family.
Valencia also posted a number of tweets in Spanish language, mourning his late teammate, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference