Valencia `still in pain` following `brother` Christian Benitez`s death
London: Manchester United player Antonio Valencia has led a series of tributes on Twitter for his Ecuadorian teammate Christian Benitez, who died after a match in Qatar following a cardiac arrest.
According to The Sun, Valencia, who played alongside the former Birmingham striker with Ecuador, called his close friend Benitez as a `brother` and spoke of his pain in a series of tributes on Twitter.
Stating that his pain is still very strong, Valencia lamented losing his `chucho` Benitez, saying that he was honored to have the opportunity to play with Benitez, whom he also called as a `top bloke` and offered his condolences to his grieving family.
Valencia also posted a number of tweets in Spanish language, mourning his late teammate, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Israel's Lieberman agrees terms to join Netanyahu government - spokesman
- Greece starts moving migrants from squalid border camp
- Vietnamese dissident a reluctant tourist during Obama visit
- Islamic State "falsely claiming" attacks in Bangladesh
- Protests turn violent outside Donald Trump's rally; clashes erupt