Valencia `still in pain` following `brother` Christian Benitez`s death
London: Manchester United player Antonio Valencia has led a series of tributes on Twitter for his Ecuadorian teammate Christian Benitez, who died after a match in Qatar following a cardiac arrest.
According to The Sun, Valencia, who played alongside the former Birmingham striker with Ecuador, called his close friend Benitez as a `brother` and spoke of his pain in a series of tributes on Twitter.
Stating that his pain is still very strong, Valencia lamented losing his `chucho` Benitez, saying that he was honored to have the opportunity to play with Benitez, whom he also called as a `top bloke` and offered his condolences to his grieving family.
Valencia also posted a number of tweets in Spanish language, mourning his late teammate, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?