Van Der Sar agrees to new one-year contract to stay at Man U
London: Dutch goalkeeper Edwin Van Der Sar has agreed to a new one-year contract to stay at Manchester United.
The Dutch keeper has committed his future to Old Trafford after talks with Sir Alex Ferguson.
"I would like to keep on playing so I have decided to sign another contract. The club wants me to stay and I`m happy here. My fitness is good and I feel I can carry on playing for United," Van der Sar said.
Van der Sar is likely to come under threat next season if United complete their proposed deal for Schalke 04 keeper Manuel Neuer.
He has already seen off Tomasz Kuszczak and Ben Foster, but Neuer has been told he would come in for a straight fight with Van der Sar.
The United No 1 is back in top form after recovering from injury and also the shock of his wife suffering a stroke.
Van der Sar added: "It`s been a hard time for all the family and when something like this happens it`s a tough situation. Luckily I was back in Holland when it happened because I was injured and it meant that I could be with her in hospital. It`s been a difficult period, but I`m happy things are improving at home."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey