Van Der Sar agrees to new one-year contract to stay at Man U
London: Dutch goalkeeper Edwin Van Der Sar has agreed to a new one-year contract to stay at Manchester United.
The Dutch keeper has committed his future to Old Trafford after talks with Sir Alex Ferguson.
"I would like to keep on playing so I have decided to sign another contract. The club wants me to stay and I`m happy here. My fitness is good and I feel I can carry on playing for United," Van der Sar said.
Van der Sar is likely to come under threat next season if United complete their proposed deal for Schalke 04 keeper Manuel Neuer.
He has already seen off Tomasz Kuszczak and Ben Foster, but Neuer has been told he would come in for a straight fight with Van der Sar.
The United No 1 is back in top form after recovering from injury and also the shock of his wife suffering a stroke.
Van der Sar added: "It`s been a hard time for all the family and when something like this happens it`s a tough situation. Luckily I was back in Holland when it happened because I was injured and it meant that I could be with her in hospital. It`s been a difficult period, but I`m happy things are improving at home."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31