Van der Sar backing Wayne Rooney to remain at Man United
London: Former Manchester United keeper Edwin Van der Sar has insisted Wayne Rooney should stay with the football club.
Big-spending Paris Saint-Germain is reported to be interested in signing the England striker.
But Van der Sar, who won the Champions League with Rooney at United in 2008, has said he could enjoy a new lease of life under boss David Moyes.
The Dutchman, now marketing director at Ajax, said that there has been so much pressure on him.
He added that the change of manager could be big for United, but he did not think Rooney would find a better atmosphere at other clubs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20