Van der Sar backing Wayne Rooney to remain at Man United
London: Former Manchester United keeper Edwin Van der Sar has insisted Wayne Rooney should stay with the football club.
Big-spending Paris Saint-Germain is reported to be interested in signing the England striker.
But Van der Sar, who won the Champions League with Rooney at United in 2008, has said he could enjoy a new lease of life under boss David Moyes.
The Dutchman, now marketing director at Ajax, said that there has been so much pressure on him.
He added that the change of manager could be big for United, but he did not think Rooney would find a better atmosphere at other clubs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly