Van der Sar junior to play for Ajax
The Hague: Joe van der Sar, the 15-year-old son of former Ajax goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, will play for Ajax under-17 starting next season, his father said Wednesday.
"Yes, he will go to Ajax," Van der Sar Senior admitted in Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. "For the rest I don`t want to say anything about it. Joe will, of course, get a hard time anyway due to his surname."
Edwin van der Sar played for Ajax from 1990 until 1999. After that the Dutch record international with 130 caps moved to Juventus, Fulham and Manchester United, where he finished his career in 2011. During his time in England his son Joe van der Sar, also a goalkeeper, already played for the youth academy of Manchester United.
The 42-year-old Van der Sar currently is a marketing director at Ajax and will be the future general director. When he returned to The Netherlands, his son started to represent amateur club VV Noordwijk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools