Van der Sar junior to play for Ajax
The Hague: Joe van der Sar, the 15-year-old son of former Ajax goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, will play for Ajax under-17 starting next season, his father said Wednesday.
"Yes, he will go to Ajax," Van der Sar Senior admitted in Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. "For the rest I don`t want to say anything about it. Joe will, of course, get a hard time anyway due to his surname."
Edwin van der Sar played for Ajax from 1990 until 1999. After that the Dutch record international with 130 caps moved to Juventus, Fulham and Manchester United, where he finished his career in 2011. During his time in England his son Joe van der Sar, also a goalkeeper, already played for the youth academy of Manchester United.
The 42-year-old Van der Sar currently is a marketing director at Ajax and will be the future general director. When he returned to The Netherlands, his son started to represent amateur club VV Noordwijk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA