Van der Sar junior to play for Ajax
The Hague: Joe van der Sar, the 15-year-old son of former Ajax goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, will play for Ajax under-17 starting next season, his father said Wednesday.
"Yes, he will go to Ajax," Van der Sar Senior admitted in Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. "For the rest I don`t want to say anything about it. Joe will, of course, get a hard time anyway due to his surname."
Edwin van der Sar played for Ajax from 1990 until 1999. After that the Dutch record international with 130 caps moved to Juventus, Fulham and Manchester United, where he finished his career in 2011. During his time in England his son Joe van der Sar, also a goalkeeper, already played for the youth academy of Manchester United.
The 42-year-old Van der Sar currently is a marketing director at Ajax and will be the future general director. When he returned to The Netherlands, his son started to represent amateur club VV Noordwijk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder