Van der Sar junior to play for Ajax
The Hague: Joe van der Sar, the 15-year-old son of former Ajax goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, will play for Ajax under-17 starting next season, his father said Wednesday.
"Yes, he will go to Ajax," Van der Sar Senior admitted in Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. "For the rest I don`t want to say anything about it. Joe will, of course, get a hard time anyway due to his surname."
Edwin van der Sar played for Ajax from 1990 until 1999. After that the Dutch record international with 130 caps moved to Juventus, Fulham and Manchester United, where he finished his career in 2011. During his time in England his son Joe van der Sar, also a goalkeeper, already played for the youth academy of Manchester United.
The 42-year-old Van der Sar currently is a marketing director at Ajax and will be the future general director. When he returned to The Netherlands, his son started to represent amateur club VV Noordwijk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!