Van der Sar junior to play for Ajax
The Hague: Joe van der Sar, the 15-year-old son of former Ajax goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, will play for Ajax under-17 starting next season, his father said Wednesday.
"Yes, he will go to Ajax," Van der Sar Senior admitted in Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. "For the rest I don`t want to say anything about it. Joe will, of course, get a hard time anyway due to his surname."
Edwin van der Sar played for Ajax from 1990 until 1999. After that the Dutch record international with 130 caps moved to Juventus, Fulham and Manchester United, where he finished his career in 2011. During his time in England his son Joe van der Sar, also a goalkeeper, already played for the youth academy of Manchester United.
The 42-year-old Van der Sar currently is a marketing director at Ajax and will be the future general director. When he returned to The Netherlands, his son started to represent amateur club VV Noordwijk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate