Van der Vaart set to return next week - Hamburg
Berlin: Dutch playmaker Rafael van der Vaart is set to make a speedy injury comeback and could be fit by next week, his Bundesliga club Hamburg said Tuesday.
The 30-year-old injured his ankle playing for Holland during the 0-0 draw against Colombia last week and was originally expected to be out for three to four weeks.
"He`s improving rapidly and I think he`ll be fit already for the German Cup match against Cologne on December 3," said Hamburg sports director Oliver Kreuzer.
Van der Vaart missed Sunday`s 3-1 win over Hanover and will also sit out Friday`s trip to Wolfsburg.
"I feel much better, we`ll see how it evolves over the coming days," said Van der Vaart.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'