Van der Vaart set to return next week - Hamburg
Berlin: Dutch playmaker Rafael van der Vaart is set to make a speedy injury comeback and could be fit by next week, his Bundesliga club Hamburg said Tuesday.
The 30-year-old injured his ankle playing for Holland during the 0-0 draw against Colombia last week and was originally expected to be out for three to four weeks.
"He`s improving rapidly and I think he`ll be fit already for the German Cup match against Cologne on December 3," said Hamburg sports director Oliver Kreuzer.
Van der Vaart missed Sunday`s 3-1 win over Hanover and will also sit out Friday`s trip to Wolfsburg.
"I feel much better, we`ll see how it evolves over the coming days," said Van der Vaart.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video