Van Nistelrooy named as Dutch assistant coach
Ruud van Nistelrooy has been named as one of the Netherlands national team assistant coaches, the Dutch football association (KNVB) said on Friday.
Amsterdam: The former Manchester United and Real Madrid striker, who scored 35 goals in 70 internationals, will work under new coach Guus Hiddink and alongside Danny Blind, who will take over from Hiddink in 2018 in a predetermined succession plan.
The Dutch also appointed Patrick Lodewijks as goalkeeper coach to replace Frans Hoek, who went to Manchester United with Louis van Gaal. Patrick Kluivert, who worked under Van Gaal as an assistant at the World Cup in Brazil, also departs.
Former internationals Pierre van Hooijdonk, Aron Winter, Sonny Silooy and Michael Reiziger have been appointed to various jobs with the national junior teams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’