Van Persie facing possible three-match ban for elbowing Newcastle’s Cabaye
London: Manchester United striker Robin Van Persie is facing a three-match ban after Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew urged the Football Association to study the video evidence on the off-the-ball clash, when the Dutch international seemed to have elbowed midfielder Yohan Cabaye, which referee Howard Webb did not appear to see.
United hit their top-form in the Premier League, as they thrashed the Geordies 3-0 at the Sports Direct Arena on Sunday in front of their owner Mike Ashley.
Van Persie could be hit by an FA charge on Monday, because Webb did not appear to see the 84th minute incident, and if found guilty he will face a ban.
“He has looked at Yohan and elbowed him. That needs to be looked at. There was history from last year and I don’t know if Robin has got caught in that. That was a bit of unsavoury-ness in the game,” the Daily Mirror quoted Pardew, as saying.
“I thought Yohan would not have gone down if he has not done something. I did not see myself it at first but have looked at it on the replays and it looks like he looked at him then has then put his elbow there,” he added.
“Should the FA look at it? That is for them to look at, not me,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may clock near 8% growth on back of good monsoon: Das
- Jewish ringleader gets life for burning alive Palestinian teen
- France says EU-US trade pact talks likely to stop
- IPL 2016: Rishabh Pant's maiden fifty powers Delhi Daredevils to 8-wicket win over Gujarat Lions in Match 31
- Police oppose plea to recall Headley in 26/11 trial