Van Persie facing possible three-match ban for elbowing Newcastle’s Cabaye
London: Manchester United striker Robin Van Persie is facing a three-match ban after Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew urged the Football Association to study the video evidence on the off-the-ball clash, when the Dutch international seemed to have elbowed midfielder Yohan Cabaye, which referee Howard Webb did not appear to see.
United hit their top-form in the Premier League, as they thrashed the Geordies 3-0 at the Sports Direct Arena on Sunday in front of their owner Mike Ashley.
Van Persie could be hit by an FA charge on Monday, because Webb did not appear to see the 84th minute incident, and if found guilty he will face a ban.
“He has looked at Yohan and elbowed him. That needs to be looked at. There was history from last year and I don’t know if Robin has got caught in that. That was a bit of unsavoury-ness in the game,” the Daily Mirror quoted Pardew, as saying.
“I thought Yohan would not have gone down if he has not done something. I did not see myself it at first but have looked at it on the replays and it looks like he looked at him then has then put his elbow there,” he added.
“Should the FA look at it? That is for them to look at, not me,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened