Van Persie hints happy to stay at Man Utd, continue Rooney partnership
London: Robin van Persie has hinted he`s happy to stay at Manchester United by talking up his partnership with Wayne Rooney, according to reports.
According to Metro.co.uk, the Dutchman, who was rumoured to be seeking an exit from Old Trafford this January, has expressed his willingness to continue developing his understanding with Rooney, which seemingly quashes any suggestion of a move.
Van Persie said that it is the interaction together as both him and Rooney want to play together, adding that with a player of his teammate`s caliber, Man United can go from strength to strength and become even better than they are now.
Van Persie feels the strength of both players` all-round games is what makes them so difficult to play against, and the 30-year-old coined a modern-day description of their role within the United set-up, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma