Van Persie hints happy to stay at Man Utd, continue Rooney partnership
London: Robin van Persie has hinted he`s happy to stay at Manchester United by talking up his partnership with Wayne Rooney, according to reports.
According to Metro.co.uk, the Dutchman, who was rumoured to be seeking an exit from Old Trafford this January, has expressed his willingness to continue developing his understanding with Rooney, which seemingly quashes any suggestion of a move.
Van Persie said that it is the interaction together as both him and Rooney want to play together, adding that with a player of his teammate`s caliber, Man United can go from strength to strength and become even better than they are now.
Van Persie feels the strength of both players` all-round games is what makes them so difficult to play against, and the 30-year-old coined a modern-day description of their role within the United set-up, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report