Van Persie hungry for more silverware with Man Utd
London: Manchester United striker Robin Van Persie has revealed that he is hungrier than ever to win more silverware after his brilliant debut season at Old Trafford, and is determined to prove that it was only the start as the new season beckons.
Van Persie claimed that Man U had a great bunch of players and could win more titles, adding that last year they won the league, but this year they would want to have even more.
The striker also said that it would be a great challenge for Man U to work under a new boss but it was something they were looking forward to, as major clubs Manchester City and Chelsea also are set to begin the season with different bosses from last term.
A report said that there was huge pressure on Van Persie after his switch from the Emirates to United and he was the man United pinned their hopes on to recover from last-gasp agony in the season previous to their win.
Manchester United are set to clash with Yokohama F-Marinos in the third game of their pre-season tour, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'