Van Persie hungry for more silverware with Man Utd
London: Manchester United striker Robin Van Persie has revealed that he is hungrier than ever to win more silverware after his brilliant debut season at Old Trafford, and is determined to prove that it was only the start as the new season beckons.
Van Persie claimed that Man U had a great bunch of players and could win more titles, adding that last year they won the league, but this year they would want to have even more.
The striker also said that it would be a great challenge for Man U to work under a new boss but it was something they were looking forward to, as major clubs Manchester City and Chelsea also are set to begin the season with different bosses from last term.
A report said that there was huge pressure on Van Persie after his switch from the Emirates to United and he was the man United pinned their hopes on to recover from last-gasp agony in the season previous to their win.
Manchester United are set to clash with Yokohama F-Marinos in the third game of their pre-season tour, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Govt rejects Infosys proposal to set up IT SEZ in West Bengal
- Urjit Patel as new RBI head to ensure continuity: Mundra
- Manipur tribals to observe unity day on Aug 31
- India is 7th wealthiest country in the world, ahead of Canada, Australia and Italy
- SHOCKING! Heads of Moroccan Islamist movement caught having sex on the beach