Verbeek appointed Nuremberg coach
Berlin: Dutchman Gertjan Verbeek has been appointed coach of struggling Nuremberg, the Bundesliga side announced on Tuesday.
The 51-year-old takes over from Michael Wiesinger who was sacked on October 7 as the Bavarian side sit third from bottom of the Bundesliga.
Verbeek won the Dutch Cup last season with AZ Alkmaar but parted with the club on September 29.
It will be the first coaching job outside of the Netherlands for Verbeek who has signed a contract until 2016.
He will need to turn around the fortunes of Nuremberg who have not won a match this season and have just six points from nine matches.
Wiesinger was sacked after a 5-0 home defeat to Hamburg, becoming the third Bundesliga coach to lose his job this season after Thorsten Fink (Hamburg) and Bruno Labbadia (Stuttgart).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you