Verbeek appointed Nuremberg coach
Berlin: Dutchman Gertjan Verbeek has been appointed coach of struggling Nuremberg, the Bundesliga side announced on Tuesday.
The 51-year-old takes over from Michael Wiesinger who was sacked on October 7 as the Bavarian side sit third from bottom of the Bundesliga.
Verbeek won the Dutch Cup last season with AZ Alkmaar but parted with the club on September 29.
It will be the first coaching job outside of the Netherlands for Verbeek who has signed a contract until 2016.
He will need to turn around the fortunes of Nuremberg who have not won a match this season and have just six points from nine matches.
Wiesinger was sacked after a 5-0 home defeat to Hamburg, becoming the third Bundesliga coach to lose his job this season after Thorsten Fink (Hamburg) and Bruno Labbadia (Stuttgart).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan