Verbeek appointed Nuremberg coach
Berlin: Dutchman Gertjan Verbeek has been appointed coach of struggling Nuremberg, the Bundesliga side announced on Tuesday.
The 51-year-old takes over from Michael Wiesinger who was sacked on October 7 as the Bavarian side sit third from bottom of the Bundesliga.
Verbeek won the Dutch Cup last season with AZ Alkmaar but parted with the club on September 29.
It will be the first coaching job outside of the Netherlands for Verbeek who has signed a contract until 2016.
He will need to turn around the fortunes of Nuremberg who have not won a match this season and have just six points from nine matches.
Wiesinger was sacked after a 5-0 home defeat to Hamburg, becoming the third Bundesliga coach to lose his job this season after Thorsten Fink (Hamburg) and Bruno Labbadia (Stuttgart).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II