Verheijen to conduct AIFF conditioning course
New Delhi: Renowned fitness coach Raymond Verheijen, who has been a close associate of the likes of Guus Hiddink and Dick Advocaat, will conduct a three-day conditioning course for I-League coaches here in February.
The course, an initiative of the All India Football Federation (AIFF), will be organised Feb 12-14 during the 40-day break of the I-League to ensure all club coaches stay free of any other club commitment.
Verheijen, who has been part of the coaching staff in three editions of the World Cup and European Championships, has also been a coaching staff member of the national teams of the Netherlands, Wales, Russia and South Korea.
He has also worked with a number of top European club sides like FC Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester City and Zenit St. Petersburg.
Invitations have already been sent to all the I-League club coaches and fitness instructors while all AIFF contracted head and assistant coaches have been called to attend the course, which is likely to be attended by 40 participants.
The course will comprise of both theoretical and practical sessions. While the practical sessions will be held at Ambedkar Stadium, the theoretical sessions will be conducted at Federation House, FICCI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog