Vidic set to snub Juventus to sign new Manchester United contract
London: Manchester United player Nemanja Vidic is ready to snub interest from Juventus to sign a new contract at the Old Trafford club.
According to Metro.co.uk, Vidic, whose current deal is at Old Trafford is due to expire in the summer, has been strongly linked with a move, away from the club in the new year.
Juventus are known to be long-term admirers, while AC Milan have also been suggested as a possible option, the report said.
However, the Serbian hardman has reportedly agreed the terms on a new two-year contract with United, which would tie him down until his 34th birthday, the report added.
The news will come as a welcome relief to United, who are in the process of tying up several stars to the new deals, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren